23 April 2008

If a tree screams in the forest, do the other flora yell at it to shut up?

My court date is June 5. Then my name will legally be changed. Yay.

It comes with some mixed feelings. One the one hand, I'll no longer have to use the name of my abuser on forms and such.
On the other one, its really brought it home that I've been disowned.

Oh well. I've gotten rid of a lot of trash lately (you know who you are) and am becoming my own me in an officially recognized capacity :D

***

I've had some yummy poetry activity lately.
But I haven't written in a week or so. I tried the other night to work on something I'd started, but what was coming out was so bizarre, even for me, I had to step away from it. I'll do something with it at some point. Just not at this moment. It is the first time I've used pregnancy as a subject source. No wonder it's weird! Pregnancy is unnatural! Parasitic!

My cat just fell behind the television.

I have wonderful publications coming up in the delicious journals wicked alice, blossombones, Otoliths, Danse Macabre and the luscious on-off ECTOPLASMIC NECROPOLIS. I'm sooooo excited!!!

***

Also, I'll be doing summer school this year.

Computer Literacy ~ online, class in my underwear in front of the fan!
Fitness Walking ~ hurrah treadmills! My lazy humps need some fitness!

And I must start working on an audition piece. I don't want to use a monologue I've already auditioned with. I want something fresh and new but I have no idea what to use right now. I'll have to comb through the latest monologue books and see if something speaks to me :)

No comments: